Saturday 6 July 2013

Back At It

I feel like the days are just flying by. After class Thursday I headed to the gym to try out my new Mizuno's. I'm happy to report that I was able to get 3 miles in pain free. I wanted to keep going, but I know I've got to ease back into it, or else I'll end up hurting myself again. Although it wasn't too hard for me to stop, as I just wasn't into the treadmill running that day. I'll take a run outside over being stuck on a treadmill any day. 

I've had a bunch of spinach sitting in the fridge, patiently waiting to be cooked, so Thursday night I whipped up some Spaghetti with Spinach and we BBQ'd some steaks. 



When I was younger I hated spinach. Actually, I hated pretty much all green vegetables. Funny how your taste buds really do change, since now I could live off of green vegetables. Broccoli, Asparagus, Green Beans, Spinach, Rapini, ahh I'm getting hungry just thinking of them. 

I was going to take Friday off from running, since I didn't want to push my knee too hard, but when I woke up the weather was too perfect to not get in a couple miles before it got too hot. I guess I took a little to long getting ready though, because by the time I was 2 miles in the sun was beating down on me. I returned home to some pretty sick sports bra tan lines. After Friday's run, my knee wasn't hurting, but it was feeling a little stiff, so I've decided to take the weekend off. 

Adam texted me Friday afternoon to let me know he was working again on Saturday. I was pretty bummed out, seriously the boy's been working over a week straight, and by the time he gets home he's tired and isn't up to doing much of anything. We had plans to go down to the seawall today, but since that wasn't going to happen anymore, we had a little date night last night instead. I'm not one to wear much makeup, but I decided to be a little more daring and try out my new Mac Speak Louder lipstick for the night. I am seriously in love with this colour. The only lip stick I've ever owned was always in a nude shade, but those all make me look deathly when I've got a tan. I wanted something that was a little more fun for summer nights, and I definitely got that!


We went out for dinner at this little Fish and Chips place thats by the water, and after eating, we decided to go for a stroll down the pier. It's the little things like walks down a local pier that make me realize how much I take where I live for granted. It may not always be sunny, and there may not be any palm trees around, but BC really is a beautiful place. 




Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment

#branding hgroup {border: none;} #secondary .widget {border:none;} .sidebar .widget { border: none!important; }