Thursday 11 July 2013

Sleep? Whats that?

I've been up since 4am. I'm running on 5 hours of sleep. It's safe to say i'm beat. But more on that later. First, I have to tell you about what FINALLY came in the mail yesterday....


My new Polar FT40 Heart Rate Monitor!!!
Now, you see, I've gone the last year and a half always wondering how many calories I was actually burning, but when I started losing weight, I figured my estimations had to be about right. This lead to never being able to convince myself it was worth it to shell out $100+ on one of these bad boys. But now that I've gotten more serious about my running, and am aware of the other benefits of heart rate monitors, I wanted to know what my body was doing when I went on those long runs.
I finally cracked about 2 weeks and ordered this bad boy. It was like love at first sight between us, I mean how could you not love something that tells you to do this right off the bat?


I must say, lying down and relaxing is my specialty.
But seriously, I've been the proud owner of this for less than 24 hours and I'm already madly in love with it. I haven't figured out half of what it does yet, but I'm liking what I know so far.

I also made a trip out to my local Lululemon yesterday, as I finally got the email notification that a shipment of new products had arrived.


Apparently I'm not the only one that stalks often checks her email, waiting for a new lulu shipment notification. The store was a zoo. There were seriously a million things I wanted to buy, but I behaved and only walked out with the one coveted item I had been waiting for.


Love Red Speed Shorts. Please excuse them thunder thighs, whoever said runners have slim legs obviously never met me. Seriously though, these are the prettiest shade of red ever. It took all the willpower in me to not walk out with a CRB and Inspire Crops in the same colour. And a Spry Blue CRB. I made the mistake of taking that into the change room with me, and now I'm seriously considering going back for it tomorrow.

It's now almost 4pm. I've been up since 4am this morning, and no it wasn't to go for a run and watch the sunrise. In fact the sun seemed to have disappeared for the majority of the day so far. I agreed to be a Team Lead for a Warner Brothers promo on their newest movie coming out tomorrow, Pacific Rim. I was kicking myself in the butt when my alarm went off this morning, but I had so much fun doing the event. The movie was sponsoring a Beach Clean Up down at Kitsilano Beach, and it was so heart warming to see all the people who came out and donated their time, especially the kids. There were about 40 of them under 10 that were so excited to be there! I was basically just in charge of check in/check out with these awesome people:


Even with those ugly clouds hanging out, it was a great morning to be on the beach, especially when the sun decided to make an appearance.
Because of the early start, I was off pretty early too (11am), and as much as I wanted to go home and go straight to bed, I wasn't quite burnt out yet. So instead, I went for a quick 3 mile run followed by a 40 minute spin sesh. Now I'm beat. I'm not sure how I haven't fallen asleep yet, but I have a feeling there will be a nap in the very near future. And by near, I mean now.

2 comments :

  1. ooo I have been wanting one of these!

    Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the best purchases I've made so far!

      Delete

#branding hgroup {border: none;} #secondary .widget {border:none;} .sidebar .widget { border: none!important; }