Tuesday 9 July 2013

Food and Flowers

You know those days when you get up, having every intention to hit the gym and get a good workout in? That was me this morning. I waltzed out of class, and drove straight to the gym. Parked my car, changed into my Mizuno's....and sat there. I wanted to get out of the car. My head was telling me to get up and go. But my body was not agreeing.
I've learned over the last year and a half to listen to my body, and not my head. When my body wants rest, I give it rest. I'd much rather take a day off and be able to give it 100% tomorrow, than go in today and only give it 50%, or worse, end up hurting myself.
So instead of going to the gym, I drove home and whipped up this guy


That right there is an over easy egg, topped with tomatoes, spinach and turkey on an english muffin. I usually hate the yolk, the only way I'll eat it is when it's drippy like this. I could live off of drippy egg yolk. Ya, I know, I'm weird.

This past weekend we celebrated my Grandpa's birthday with a little family BBQ...who am I kidding, we're Italian, little and family don't belong in the same sentence for us.


It's crazy comparing these photos to some past photos I have with my cousin's. They're growing up so fast, and I know that just means I'm getting older too.
Lately I've been wishing the future would come a lot faster. I know that I shouldn't wish away my youth, but I'm so sick and tired of being in school. I feel like i've spent my whole life in school, i'm ready for bigger and better things now. I'm sure in a couple years, when I'm finally done and have a full time job, I'll be wishing I was back in school. Until then, theres only one thing on my mind: getting my degree. Pronto.

On a lighter note, how pretty are these flowers I cut on the weekend from some of our plants?


I strongly believe flowers make everything better. Flowers and boxers. Can someone tell my boyfriend that? 
Speaking of boxers, I've got a very hyper one giving me the stink eye for making her wait this long for her evening walk. I better get on that!

No comments :

Post a Comment

#branding hgroup {border: none;} #secondary .widget {border:none;} .sidebar .widget { border: none!important; }