Tuesday 30 July 2013

Let's try this again.

I've neglected this blog for the last couple weeks, but I think I'm ready to start blogging again.
I feel like so much has gone on, that I don't even know where to begin.
I went on my very first road trip with my parents. We drove down to Oregon, and I got to experience Portland, Cannon Beach, Seaside and Astoria. We also made some stops in Washington, one being Vancouver. It felt so weird to be in Vancouver, but not my Vancouver.
Anyways, I feel like that whole trip deserves a post or two of its own. Actually, I feel like certain parts of that trip deserve posts of their own (Uhm, can you say Voodoo Doughnuts?). I'm going to try and do a whole trip recap later this week, but heres a little sneak peak ;)

Portland Saturday Market Waterfront

Voodoo Doughnuts Lineup

Yes....that may be my mom frolicking on Cannon Beach
I went on my first run in over 2 weeks this afternoon. It wasn't a very long one (3pm isn't the best time to run when its boiling hot out), and I was in such a rush to just get out the door and start running that I forgot my iPod and heart rate monitor. This normally would have made for an extremely boring run for me, but I decided to just go with it and enjoy my surroundings. I think I made it for about a 30 minute run before I had had enough. It was so hot out that I was surprised to find out when I got home that I had been out for even that long. It felt so good though to just run for the heck of it, and not worry about how fast or far I'm going. These are the types of runs that made me love running. The ones where you just get up and run. I think I'm going to try and make this a weekly occurrence for me, runs where I just put on my running shoes and go without tracking anything and letting my body tell me what to do.

I have a midterm tomorrow for my accounting class, so I've got plenty of studying to do tonight. Hopefully things will calm down a bit on my busy scale once this test is done....oh who am I kidding, this Summer Semester is kicking my butt. I'm always go go go lately, I can not wait for it to be done in just a couple more weeks. Until then, I'm lucky if I even get a moment to relax.

Have a great evening everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment

#branding hgroup {border: none;} #secondary .widget {border:none;} .sidebar .widget { border: none!important; }